OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes Name: Mojo’s Spring Break Flyaway Friday (the “Sweepstakes”)
Station: WKQI, WNSX, WVKS (the “Station”)
Station Address: 27675 Halsted, Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Telephone: 248 324 5800
This Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor. For a copy of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, please visit the office of the Station during normal business hours, send your request by mail at iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. at 27675 Halsted, Farmington Hills, MI 48331 or visit the website www.channel955.com, www.1045snx.com, or www.925kissfm.com.
List of Winner(s): For the name(s) of the winner(s) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc., Mojo’s Spring Break Flyaway Friday at 27675 Halsted, Farmington Hills, MI 48331.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who (i) are legal U.S. residents of the state of Michigan (ii) who are 25 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”).
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local law and regulations.
Void outside the state of Michigan and where prohibited or restricted by law.
Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, the Station, and any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”); individuals employed by any other radio and televisions station; and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win the prize.
2. TIMING: Sweepstakes begins on March 1, 2021 at 6:00:00 a.m. ET and ends at 12:00:00 p.m. ET on April 2, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period") and consists of four entry periods (“each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the chart below:
Entry Period Start Date at
6:00 AM ET End Date at
12:00:00 PM ET Two (2) Daily playtimes/
grand prize winner
1 March 1, 2021 March 5, 2021 Ten (10) finalists One (1) grand prize winner
March 5, 2021
2 March 8, 2021 March 12, 2021 Ten (10) finalists One (1) grand prize winner
March 12, 2021
3 March 15, 2021 March 19, 2021 Ten (10) finalists One (1) grand prize winner
March 19, 2021
4 March 22, 2021 March 26, 2021 Five (5) finalists One (1) grand prize winner
March 26, 2021
5 March 29, 2021 April 2, 2021 Five (5) finalists One (1) grand prize winner
April 2, 2021
Total Fifty (50) finalists Five (5) grand prize winners
The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES/HOW TO ENTER.
Entrant must be the selected caller to become a finalist and will be selected to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing, subject to verification (each a “Finalist”).
Beginning March 1, 2021, listen to the participating Station weekdays between 6:00:00 am ET and 12:00:00 pm ET throughout the Sweepstakes Period for the cue to call in and be the selected caller to the designated Sweepstakes announced. Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, each Entry Period (as listed above) a “sounder” or cue to call will be aired at various times along with a message instructing listeners to call for a chance to become a Potential Finalist. The participating Stations may or may not choose to announce exact times the cues will be played.
• The participant must be the designated caller, from all callers calling-in from participating Stations, to the phone number announced; the designated caller, if eligible, will be declared a potential Finalist. If the Sponsor determines the designated caller is not eligible, the Sponsor may select the next consecutive eligible caller as the potential Finalist for that playtime. Listen to the Station for details on specific times to play. The dates and times of station participation may vary and shall be determined solely by the individual participating Station and announced on air and the local participating stations, at their sole discretion may or may not choose to air all playtimes due to programming obligations and other factors.
• The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for entrants not making timely phone calls to the Station or other timed entry as a result of the delays in the Internet stream. Entrants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in any promotion.
• WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations and other delays in the online streaming of its broadcast signal. Listeners of the online stream may not be able to participate in, or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air promotions and should contact their local station to determine participation. On air Sweepstakes not valid on weekends and holidays.
The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries, regardless of cause. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Sponsor for online entries. When applicable, the Sponsor’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries will be disqualified if incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple entries in excess of the states limit are received. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules; (b) as between you and the Sponsor, that the decisions of the Sponsor is final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with these Rules, that you will be disqualified and your prize (if any) will be forfeited; and (e) (when applicable) the potential winner and/or finalist must be available to participate in any portion to the Sweepstakes that participation may be required to be considered eligible.
3. GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND FINALIST SELECTION:
On or around each Approximate Drawing Date as indicated in the chart above in Section 2, the Sponsor will randomly select one (1) grand prize winner from among the ten (10) Finalists selected during each respective Entry Period. At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period there will be a total five (5) grand prize winners. All Finalists and grand prize winners are subject to verification as indicated below.
Finalists WILL receive a prize for being selected as a Finalist.
Finalist Notification: is deemed to have occurred immediately at the time of call-in.
Potential Finalists and grand prize winners are subject to verification, including verification of eligibility. If an entrant is unable to verify his/her information, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate Finalist/winner in accordance with these Official Rules in the event that that any Finalist/winner is disqualified, cannot be contacted, or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to participate in any applicable Sweepstakes events.
Winner Notification: Winner will be notified within one (1) day after the sweepstakes drawing, via e-mail, and/or at Sponsor's discretion via phone at the phone number provided during registration. In the event the Winner doesn't respond to Sponsor's notification or does not accept the prize within twenty four (24) hours of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner(s) from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a finalist and/or potential winner(s).
As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize and be deemed a winner, entrants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Sponsor and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the prize conditions. The potential prize winner may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four hours after the first delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and, in such event, the Sponsor may randomly select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and discretion.
Fifty (50) Finalist Prizes: $50 Cash Card
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $50
Prize Provider: iHeartMedia
Five (5) Grand Prizes:
Each grand prize winner will receive the following prize package:
• Four (4) consecutive night stay at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
• Two (2) general admission tickets that include a 30-minute airboat tour at Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures
• Two (2) general admission tickets including dinner and show at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament Orlando
• Two (2) vouchers for two indoor skydiving flights at iFly Orlando
• Round-trip coach class airline tickets for one (1) winner and up to one (1) guest to Orlando, Florida
• A mid-size rental vehicle for five (5) consecutive days
The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of Prize is $2,788.52
Travel may be taken from the time that no travel restrictions, stay at home orders, quarantine orders, shelter in place orders, “safer at home” orders, or similar orders or recommendations are in effect at either the winner’s place of origin or destination and through December 20, 2022. Blackout dates may apply. Redemption instructions will accompany all certificates. The minimum age to book all elements of this prize package is 25.
Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be sold or gifted, may not be redeemed for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Extensions to expiration dates will not be granted. Prize packages do not include travel to the departure airport or to the hotel (except as specifically included), meals (except as specifically included), incidentals, tips, telephone calls, airline baggage fees, or any other personal expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. Airline and schedule are at the sole discretion of VISIT FLORIDA. Non-stop service may not be offered. The prize winner must be one of the passengers booked in the travel party. Winner and guest(s) must have all necessary photo identification and/or travel documents required for travel.
All prizes provided by: Visit Florida (“Prize Provider”)
No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Sponsor is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment Sponsor. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s).
Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
NAMES, LOGOS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE USED FOR PURPOSES OF CONTEST AND/OR PRIZE DESCRITPION ONLY. ALL TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, TRADE NAMES, TRADE DRESS, PRODUCT NAMES AND LOGOS APPEARING IN THE CONTEST ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS; USE DOES NOT IMPLY AFFILIATION OR ENDORSEMENT.
Trip Prize Conditions: All prize packages shall include round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home to the destination and a double occupancy standard hotel room as specified in herein. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded and is specified in these Official Contest Rules. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Travel for the trip awarded must take place on and/or within the designated dates and is subject to schedule and availability, alternative travel dates will not be provided. If the prizewinner(s) is unavailable for travel on the designated dates, the specified or prize will be forfeited and may or may not be awarded to an alternate prizewinner(s) at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Exact travel dates and arrangements may be subject to availability whether specified or not. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. IF THE WINNER IS ELIGIBLE, BUT A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE TRAVEL GUEST MUST BE WINNER’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. A MINOR (DETERMINED BY THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE) MAY ONLY ACCOMPANY THE WINNER AS A TRAVEL GUEST IF THE WINNER IS THE MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. ALL MINORS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED AT ALL TIMES DURING TRIP (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IN-FLIGHT, HOTEL STAY AND ALL PRIZE-RELATED EVENTS) BY MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. Travel guests must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In accordance with applicable laws, international travelers are required to possess a government issued passport, if a winner does not have or is unable to obtain a passport within any time constraints related to the prize, the winner will be disqualified. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of the Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the prizewinner at the time of notification. Winner and guest will be required to complete and return the applicable forms and releases. Winner must sign a prize acceptance form, provide the information for their travel guest which must be at least of the legal age of majority in their state, a W-9 form, an affidavit or verification of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by both the winner and travel guest. Prizewinner(s) and guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Any and all airport transfers, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance and applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. If, for any reason, any part of the trip package is canceled or shall become unavailable, postponed or canceled, the Sponsor shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize and the prize will be awarded without the inclusion of the item on the same itinerary. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as part of this prize package and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, The Sponsor will not be responsible for replacing that portion of the prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon, and seat locations are as solely determined by Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any travel delays, flight cancellations or difficulty. If travel delays, cancellations or difficulty prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, the Sponsor is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof. Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed as stated in the prize notification or otherwise stated in the Official Rules. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by the Sponsor’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner and guest must comply with all applicable laws, and any rules and regulations established by the Sponsor’s prize partner(s), if any; such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNERS ACCEPT THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN ANY TRAVEL OR TRANSPORTATION, INCLUDING BOATING, SUCH RISK INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR AND RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (2) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes; or (6) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
The Sponsor further reserves the right to: (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter, or modify the Sweepstakes, void any suspicious entries, rescind any prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the Sweepstakes and/or awarding the prize(s) at any time, for any reason, or if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Sweepstakes as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Sweepstakes, or any other causes which effect the operation of the Sweepstakes or the rules of the integrity of the Sweepstakes have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Sweepstakes and/or (ii) stop or conclude the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Official Rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
6. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner(s) grant the Sponsor and Station(s) permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
8. RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Sweepstakes Entities and any applicable third party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winner(s) hereby agrees that: (i) to release each of the Released Parties from any and all claims in connection with the Sweepstakes and the award or use of the prizes; and (ii) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness as set forth in Section 6 prior to acceptance of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, including, but not limited to restrictions on travel, movement, and large gatherings, (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), national emergency, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, viral or communicable disease outbreak, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, the Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those prizes to the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners are notified than prize(s) available, prize(s) will be awarded in a random drawing from among all such persons. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Sweepstakes to the Sponsor’s and/or Station’s "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by the Sponsor or Station shall mean in Sponsor’s and/or Station’s "sole and unfettered discretion." The Sponsor further reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Sweepstakes have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated, Sponsor will award the prize(s) in a random drawing from all eligible entries received prior to termination. If applicable material changes to the Sweepstakes rules will be broadcast on-air and available on-line at the Station’s website, when practical. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
11. BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sponsor Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Texas law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments, or awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek punitive, incidental, consequential, special, or any other damages, other than for actual, third-party out-of-pocket expenses, and in such limitation, entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (b) any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every entrant. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
13. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 11 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Texas, in the City of San Antonio.