(NEWSER) – The Boston Athletic Association is responding to last year's Marathon tragedy with an almost draconian set of new rules on competitors and spectators, the Boston Globe reports. According to a mass email sent out yesterday, the following are all forbidden this year:
- Bulky clothes, or costumes that conceal a runner's face
- Strollers at the start or finish line
- Backpacks, CamelBaks, and the bags runners often use to carry clothes and personal effects
- Glass containers
- Suitcases and rolling bags
- Vests with pockets, except lightweight running vests
- Props, including sports and military equipment
- Flags or signs wider than 11" or longer than 17"
I've lived in West Michigan for over 15 years and am proud to call Beer City home.
I was born in Cincinnati & grew up in Detroit. This fun fact has haunted me throughout my life as I am both a Lions & Bengals fan.
I'm a big fan of Kendrick Lamar, Foxy Shazam, Common, Eminem, Kid Rock, Drake, Lupe Fiasco, and 1980s Michael Jackson.
I believe local beers can save the world, find out more: michiganbrewersguild.org/