There's a difference between doing something illegal, and something unethical.
Here are eight somewhat unethical tricks to make your life easier.
1. When you call a customer service line, choose SPANISH as your language. Most of those call centers are in the U.S., not India, and the waits are shorter. Plus most of the reps can also speak English, definitely better than someone in India.
2. If you want breakfast, you can probably wander into any Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn in the morning and get it free. Especially if you REALLY look like you belong there by carrying a newspaper or dressing up.
3. If you want to buy something from Craigslist, email an offensively lowball offer from a fake email. Then, a few hours later, send your real offer from your real email. The person will be much more likely to accept it.
4. Buy a cheap ticket to a sporting event or concert. Then, an hour before it starts, go to StubHub and see which good seats are still unsold. Then just head to those seats instead of your cheap seats and sit in them.
5. If you're calling in a fake sick day to work, say your doctor is a "she." That tiny detail makes it seem SO much more legit.
6. When you go out, announce, "I'm not drinking tonight." That's the fastest way to make sure other people will buy you drinks to try to persuade you to start drinking with them.
7. At the dentist, take a photo of the barcode, name, and address on a magazine in the waiting room. Now you'll have all the details you'll need to log in to read the online version of that magazine. It works for most of them.
I've lived in West Michigan for over 15 years and am proud to call Beer City home.
I was born in Cincinnati & grew up in Detroit. This fun fact has haunted me throughout my life as I am both a Lions & Bengals fan.
I'm a big fan of Kendrick Lamar, Foxy Shazam, Common, Eminem, Kid Rock, Drake, Lupe Fiasco, and 1980s Michael Jackson.
I believe local beers can save the world, find out more: michiganbrewersguild.org/